Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Favorite Things: Day Two

For day two of my on-line advent calendar, let's go with another all-time favorite, Bone.

Jeff Smith's epic tale of the little bone brothers, exiled from Boneville and their adventures in the Valley is a book I pull out at least once a year, and usually devour in a (rather sleepless) weekend. Beginning as an Disney-like, slapstick short, it soon develops into an epic tale of stolen kingdoms, hidden princesses and realized prophesies that is something that stays with your for quite some time. It's one of those books that I can't wait to share with my kids.

I really can't recommend this book enough, it's currently available in a cinder-block sized one volume edition, plus the lovely, new colored editions that Scholastic has put out.

No comments: