Crap! Calvin tagged me with a meme. Granted, it's always cool when you get accepted into the cool-kids group that is the comics bloggohedron, but shit, all of my other internet friends have been tagged already. Anyway, here's what it means:
- I have to post these rules before I start.
- I have to tell you eight facts about myself.
- I have to tag eight people to participate.
- I'm supposed to leave a comment telling them they're tagged and to read my blog.
- And the tagees need to write their own blog post, telling us eight things and posting the rules.
All right, here are eight facts (though, not necessarily truths):
1. I have two sons, ages 4 and 18 months and they awesome. Actually, if you look up "awesome" in a dictionary, you will see their manically-grinning faces staring at you. THIS IS A FACT.
2. I was an all-state swimmer in High School. Though this is a fact, no one will ever believe me since the very thought of this body in a speedo is enough to cause blindness in lab mice. That and I can't dive worth a shit.
3. I enjoy watching crappy movies, not because I think they're good, but because I derive enjoyment from them being awful.
4. I cry at Roy Batty's death in Blade Runner and when the Millennium Falcon comes flying out of the sun in Star Wars as well. EVERY DAMN TIME.
5. All of my friends from college call me "Skip". There is no reason behind this nick-name other than the fact that there were four "Jason's" on my dorm-wing my freshmen year and they needed to give me a nick-name.
6. Zombies scare the living shit out of me. No other movie monster causes the same visceral reaction in me. Just blogging about this will probably give me nightmares.
7. I am a Cubs fan. I don't really know why since I grew up on the South-Side of Chicago and the sadness to joy ratio my fandom has brought me is sorely out of whack.
8. I hate the song "God Bless America". Don't get me wrong. I love America, I'm not even against God blessing it (as long as He blesses the countries that need it more as well; see pretty much the only good part of Chris Rock's Head of State), the song is just so cloying and arrogant. I'd much prefer that they sing "This Land is Your Land" at baseball games instead, or, do as the Cubs do and just sing a song that's actually about baseball. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a huge Liberal.
So there you go, I guess I'm supposed to tag some other people, but it looks everyone else already got it. Shit, I'll get Spencer since it looks like he's hasn't got hit yet. Hey, 1 out of 8 ain't bad, is it?